You can choose whether to accept cookies or not and the level of cookies you wish to have enables and this choice can be managed via your web browser (see How to enable/disable cookies later). Some cookies are necessary to make the website work for you, by disabling such cookies, you will experience problems if you proceed to shop on the website. Other cookies improve performance or improve functionality. On websites which advertise third party products or services, cookies are used to target users with related products or services. Our Serenity Knitting does not advertise third party products/services but does link to sites such as YouTube or other helpful knitting websites.
Types of CookiesSome cookies expire at the end of a browsing session or they can be stored for longer
· Session cookies will allow the items you have selected and added to your shopping basket to be remembered. These expire at the end of a browsing session so are not kept long term.
· Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device between browsing sessions, to remember if the user has visited the site before. Such cookies would typically remember users’ preferences or to target advertising
· First and third party cookies – this relates to the website which places the cookie. First party cookies are those set by the website which is displayed in the URL window, so in our case, set by Serenity Knitting. Third party cookies would be placed by other websites i.e. advertisers who would show products or services you may possibly be interested in.
Our “For your amusement” webpage does contain some embedded content, for example You Tube video clips. You Tube may send cookies to your device. As we do not control the setting of these cookies, we recommend that you check their website for their cookies and how to manage them.
No third parties advertise directly from the Serenity Knitting website, any such adverts would arise from web links to other third sites for which we are not responsible.
How to enable/disable cookies
This will depend on your web browser. Some of the more common browser instructions are listed below. If your browser is not listed, then you will need to refer to your own Browser’s Help guide on how to change privacy setting.
Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer versions 6,7,8,9
· In the top menu – select Tools
· In Tools menu – select Internet Options
· In Internet Options , select the Privacy tab
· Here you will see a slider, which you can set from Block all cookies to Medium to Allow all cookies. By selecting a medium setting, you will allow first party cookies.
· In Tools menu – select Options
· In Options , select the Privacy icon
· Click on Cookies and choose the option you prefer
· Select the Under the hood tab
· Select the Privacy section and then the Content setting button
· Select the option you prefer
· Select the Cog icon at the top of Browser window
· Select the Preferences option
· Click on Security and select the option you wish to choose
· Click Save
Legislation on Cookies